High Quality, wild caught, frozen on board premiere speciesGet to know us
PESANTAR is one of the leading seafood companies in Argentina with more than 30 years operating.
The company is based in the southernmost city in the world: Ushuaia, located in the Province of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina.
Pesantar fishes in some of the most pristine waters of the world, very close to Antarctica at the Southern end of the American continent.
We provide patagonian premium seafood products
The company focuses on producing high quality, wild caught, frozen on-board premiere species such as Patagonian Toothfish (also known as Chilean SeaBass, Dissodichus Elonginoides), Southern or Austral Hake, Hoki, King Clip,
Patagonian Cod, amongst others. Pesantar holds the required quotas that enable the company to fish these species.
From Ushuaia to the world.
Our premises are on the shores of the Beagle Channel. With a total built surface of 6.000 m2 over a land of 25.000 m2 it is the largest of its kind in the area.
Commited with sustainability, on land and sea.
Together with Argentine national authorities, Pesantar has implemented a number of sustainably-oriented measures in the fishery by:
- Drastically reducing the TAC in 2004
- Setting Individual Transferable Catch Quotas per vessel for a 15-year period
- Requiring the fleet to be monitored by VMS
- Requiring the fleet to operate in waters deeper than 800m
- Establishing a tagging program to track migration
- Strictly enforcing DCD
- Establishing non-fishing areas with strong juvenile presence